Main Banner

Shared Ownership

Shared ownership is part buy, part rent. This means you will have a mortgage on the share you own, and pay rent on the remaining share to a Housing Association. For instance, if you buy a 25% share of the property you’ll pay a mortgage on the 25% share and rent on the remaining 75% share. You can usually buy more shares in the future if you wish, until you own 100%.

Shared ownership is a great option for lots of people. A smaller deposit makes it easier for first-time buyers to get on the ladder.

Generally speaking:
  • Your household income needs to be under £80k (under £90k in London)
  • You can’t own any other property unless you currently own a shared ownership property and are looking to move.
  • You’ll need to show you have a good credit history, and can afford the regular payments and costs involved in buying a home

Mortgage Superheroes specialises in shared ownership and works closely with many Housing Associations. We can assess your eligibility and arrange your shared ownership mortgage for you.

Mortgage Superheroes Ltd. is an Appointed Representative of The Right Mortgage Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA no. 923911. Registered in England and Wales no. 09390697. Registered address: 383 Tonbridge Road, Maidstone, Kent ME16 8NH.

The information contained in this website is subject to UK regulatory regime and is therefore intended for consumers based in the UK.

There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The precise amount will depend on your circumstances but typically this will be £495.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or any loan secured on it.